Sunday, April 19, 2009

Haven's Budget Inn

I started this morning with the most awesome hospitality ever at the hands of Miss Janet's hostel. Okay, truly it is Ron Haven's but being run by Miss Janet. Queen Becky, Old Soul and I moved over to the hostel for a zero day because there are thunderstorms in the mountains. I don't mind walking in the rain and fog at all, but risking being struck by lightening isn't worth it. It was great to get to know some new people, and even ran back into Rabbit, Running Clear and Lucky Penny. I redid my schedule to see that I'm about 10 days behind schedule. I'm totally good with that, but I just wanted to check for drop box dates, etc. Miss Janet saw me trying to figure out the next couple of weeks and told me that the papers best use was to be burned and to stop wasting my time with schedules! :) We talked a bit about Trail Days and I'm committed to going, even if I'm not naturally in Damascus at the time. Miss Janet also said that the ATC convention in October is completely worth the time, but I'm not sure if I can make that. Went to dinner with a different group tonight to a Japanese/Chinese/Thai restaurant (I guess when your out in the middle of nowhere they all get lumped together). Itay has picked up the name Nothai, as he didn't eat any of the Thai noodles he ordered. The waitress was hilarious and very happy to have us hikers there. She offered to take our pictures with our cameras and we cracked up naturally when she said, "Okay, 3-1-2 Smile!" Ohmigosh - we are still cracking up on this one and often repeat it when taking group pictures. Panama Bill and Twokids also came to dinner. Our cheeks hurt from laughing and we got free dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment