Thursday, April 2, 2009

And I'm off!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, woke up all through the night and finally called it quits at 8 am - excited much?! lol

Okay, so here is the plan: I'm taking the bus today from Clearwater Florida (I've been visiting Grandma Toni) that will arrive in Gainesville, Georgia early morning April 3rd. Wes Wisson will be shuttling me to Amicalola Falls, less than an hour from the bus station. I don't think I will have any problems hiking the approach trail Friday and then start hiking the real trail Saturday, April 4th. I'm still okay with the dates I have posted. I'm not too worried about the few day difference at this point. What happened was I forgot to order my bus tickets two weeks in advance to get the awesome discount of advanced purchase-ness! And I decided to hike the approach trail after-all (in the grand scheme of things whats an extra few miles). I'm not complaining about a few more days of lounging in Florida and I'm only really about 4 days off schedule so far...I'll either make it up at some point or need to updates my mail drop schedule - so stay tuned on that note!

I'll be sending journal entries to Cristy (THANK YOU LOVER CHICKEN!) to update when I'm not able to get online and update them myself.

Thank you so much for the notes of support so far and phone calls; they really mean a lot to me. I'm so happy to know there are people following me along in spirit. Your encouragement will mean even more later too, I'm sure!

A quick note - I switched stoves. The coke can stove I had I felt iffy on and made the cat stove last night - and LOVE it. I found this from Certain's trail journal, which I only just found a few days ago and wish I'd started reading earlier. I highly recommend everyone read hers - I identify with her a lot. If you are just now checking out AT stuff I think reading her journal should be a must - especially if you are bored and I haven't updated yet - she already finished!

Wish me luck! Here I go...

3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you every day, and praying for your safety. Know that I love you and that I am so proud of you too. Amethyst, I have always been a proud parent, your an amazing person. Your both admirable, and inspiring. Amy, simple words could never express what you mean to me. You Go Girl, You Do This. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - It will probably take me until September to figure out this whole Blog thing. Good Luck to you, we will say prayers for you! Enjoy this once in a lifetime experience. You will do great! We are very proud of you. Love, Aunt Coleen, Uncle Dave, Amanda and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy, It is me Madison. You look like you're going to have a lot of FUN!

    Me and Dad love seeing your progress on the AT.

    xoxo madison,dad,mom

    ReplyDelete