Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 4 & 5 - Last Solids

I started this morning with my own fruity blend that had strawberries, blueberries, mint, a banana - fabulous. The fruit isn't hard at all. Lunch was a nice big reboot salad with romaine, rainbow chard, red peppers, tomato, avocado and the ginger soy dressing I love. I tried the Mexican-Style Jugo and it isn't bad at all - in fact, I could do that one. Lots of water, and dinner was leftover zucchini from last night and a small handful of cherries for dessert.

If any boys aren't interested in lady issues, skip this paragraph - you have been warned. I started my cycle Friday morning without any cramps. This is unusual for me. I generally have cramps the first day, not terrible but definitely in need of Midol or 2 Tylenol. This time, nothing. This is the first very real effect of a healthful diet I am experiencing 100% without question.

I'm still having occasional headaches, and I'm tired. I was at my moms house today and I broke - a little. I found my nemesis and couldn't resist. Anyone that knows me knows full well my weakness for ice cream. There was mint chocolate chip staring at me and I had 2 spoonfuls. I'm willing to forgive myself this indiscretion as normally I might have finished the container. I still felt guilty though. Its my weaning week though so I'm letting it go. Next week, Monday - no nonsense all juice!

Sunday I had the Sunset Blend and oh my - it was fabulous. I used rhubarb stalks instead of the beets though - red for red, right?! I had a Tastefully Simple event at a farmers market and while I was there in the morning drinking my juice I got very nauseous. I wasn't sure if it was the juice, if I was dehydrated, if it was the sun, everything catching up with me or what. I wasn't sure if drinking anything would make it better or worse - I sipped water for a while until it subsided. My stomach was gurgly all day but no major issues that sent me running to the Starbucks bathroom across the street from the market. Today had potential to be extremely embarrassing and horrible; it was just around the corner and somehow I managed to avoid it. I had some cucumber salad when I got back to my mom's house and a spoonful of egg salad. I couldn't resist - I don't even know why. I think I was really hungry, weak and not thinking clearly. For dinner I had another reboot salad with chard, red pepper, tomato, avocado and soy dressing and I made the roasted sweet potato and carrots again.

Note to anyone thinking of doing the Classic Reboot - check the recipe servings and if you only want one serving with no leftovers you might reduce the ingredients.

Two observations about today; I had to wake up at 5:20AM to get to Mt. Prospect and normally after some coffee I'd be good to go within half an hour to hour. This week has been a struggle to 'wake up' without coffee, as I've mentioned before. Today after stretching and getting up from bed I was less groggy and after washing my face I was actually pretty energized. Now, I was dead tired by 1PM, but that is another story. Also, my back has started hurting pretty bad. Either I strained it lifting boxes, etc. or the body rebuilding thing might be happening, although it seems to early in the detox process for that. I'm honestly guessing that I strained my back because of my generalized weakness. So, at the moment...it is really hurting and I'm hoping a hot shower and a good nights sleep does me some good.

Okay folks, tomorrow is the day...all juice...I'm pretty darn excited! By the way, as of this morning, I am down 7 lbs - nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment