Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DAY 1

Overall, this is how I feel about Day 1:
So, since the next 5 days is about weaning onto the juice train, I am going to also let the next 5 days be a weaning off of the coffee train because I still need to function at work. When I was hiking I also experienced this and I forgot to really write about it. I am a big grump in the morning without my morning coffee. I never thought caffeine was really such a potent drug - but here I am - pouring a very small cup at 9AM because I might get fired if I don't. I have 5 days to have very small cups and hopefully pull it together. When hiking, this never got better really, but I wasn't eating fruits and vegtables so I'm hoping that things will improve as my body adjusts. I don't know, I could drawing my pain and misery out over a longer period of time maybe doing this, but at the moment my headache is subsiding and I think I can face my daily managers meeting without being too much of a B!

This is what I had:
Amy's Blend (Starbucks) herbal tea (Thanks Dad!) with 1 Stevia packet -
Cherry Cinnamon Apple Bake

**My first thought was that it is missing the good stuff, you know - the butter, sugar and rolled oats that make these bake things good. I could get used to it though - it makes its own natural sweet syrup for a nice tart treat!




Green Juice mid morning

I didn't like this one at all, although I'm sure others would. I am feeling a little weird today - I'm more tired than usual and feel 'off balance'; I've sort of stumbled (like I'm drunk) and nudged the walls taking a corner too quickly. I am maintaining a dull headache today even after drinking my one small coffee this morning. The green juice is gross; I had to push to get through it but hunger won out. I find that the longer I push off eating in the morning I don't get hungry. I run on coffee normally until about 10:30-11 when I'll have a granola bar. Yes, I know this is unhealthy. Then lunch normally at about 12-1pm and maybe a snack....mmm...I want a snack! Okay, anyway - having breakfast this morning got me hungry earlier and so I'm choking down this horrible juice out of hunger. It's the kale I think - ugh!

Reboot Green Salad - Lunch - 278 cal
Any greens you like (I did Romaine & Spinach to start) and add any veggies; I added tomato, red pepper and avocado. Dressed with 2 Tbsp of the Ginger Honey Soy Dressing. Have I mentioned how FANTASTIC this dressing is - I LOVE IT! I forgot to take a picture, but I'm sure you can imagine 'salad'.

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup


**This had an excellent creamy flavor, fun and filling! Unfortunately I did something wrong with the coconut and it tasted like there were small thick hairs in my soup - like small dog hair or something. Needless to say, it made eating the soup difficult at best to enjoy and I ended up throwing most of it away - and have another bowl in my fridge to do the same with since it made 2 servings.




By the way, here is the coconut I bought - and I need to research what the hell to do with it so I don't ruin anything else. Anyone else have any experience with this product? I simply chopped of a chunk and threw it in the blender - guess that was wrong!

And here was dinner, Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Mushroom and Sage not the cute boy holding the plate! He helped cook today so he was very into seeing the work of art.

This was Ah-May-Zing! I will absolutely be making this in the future. Yum Yum!

I feel like today was a cold start between my ruined carrot soup and my juice was nasty. Well, tomorrow looks more promising, so I'm looking forward to it.

Its 9 and I'm tired - hitting it early. Nighty night!






1 comment:

  1. Oven service in dubai
    https://www.hometech.ae/service/oven-service/
    UAEs Authorized Major brand Oven Service in Dubai, On-Demand experienced professionals for oven service in Dubai.
    1633750954976-11

    ReplyDelete