Monday, July 23, 2012

PSYCHE - Gotcha!

I got to work today and confirmed a lunch meeting at Portillo's tomorrow. So, it looks like I'll be starting on Wednesday instead. I've looked at my calendar and that works out pretty well actually because then I am still 'eating' through the weekend and then I start juicing on Monday next week. That also means I can easily go grocery shopping Friday eve for the weekend as well as Monday for the weeks juice supplies. I don't have any other lunch or dinner appointments coming up, so I will start this on Wednesday, July 25th now.

My friend Jason is going on this wacky adventure as well - and on my suggestion is blogging too. You can read about his adventure here.

With my day delay, I was still eager to make something tonight, so I made:
Ginger Honey Soy Dressing
2 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
2 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
2 Tbsp Raw Honey
4 Tbsp Nama Shoyu or Tamari soy sauce
4 Tbsp Olive Oil

Puree the first four ingredients in a blender. With the blender running, slowly ad the oil until the dressing is emulsified - keeps for up to 1 week (makes 4-5 servings; 133 calories). Very tasty!

And then I made a juice because I so very much wanted to try out the juicer. I had about half a bag of small carrots and I threw 2 granny smith apples in for 16 ounces of juice. It was kind of fun watching the little carrots dance in the chute, a few even bounced out. I need to figure out something to do with the pulp; I foresee guilt kicking in here soon for being so wasteful. There is a small notch that some particles were shooting out of, but maybe I didn't quite have it put together right - I will research this problem. The juice itself is decent; unexpectedly frothy, although I'm saving it for tomorrow morning. That was a lot of carrots for a small amount of juice. Hmmm.

My friend and old hiking buddy, Preston (AKA Bluto) started juicing last September and gave me call with some pointers, including buying a more expensive blender at the first sign that my blender isn't going to be everything I want. He also suggested another documentary, Forks Over Knives which I plan to watch tomorrow night. He also passed along the idea of checking in with YouTube for helpful videos! Thank you my friend, and it was really nice to hear from you. Be sure to catch back up with Windmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment