Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 2

I know you aren't supposed to weigh yourself every day - I've never been able to stop myself when I'm trying to pay attention to my weight though. 2 lbs down from yesterday morning weigh in. I'll only report this once a week, but just know...I'm a daily checker - I can't help it.

I solved my coconut conundrum last night. My soup tasted like it had small hairs in it; because it did - I had a small thai young coconut on my hands and one youtube video later and I'm back on track.

I started my day off with Mandarin Orange Spice tea. All the teas that I have/bought are all herbal caffeine free. I'm a big fan of Celestial Seasons due to cost. I use a Stevia packet for now because I'm not used to non-sweetened tea. Stevia (I had never used it before now) is a mild natural sweetener that has no after taste - I will switch to this permanently also. I am normally an Equal girl, but now I'll have the added bonus of no cancer causing chemicals - Weee!

Breakfast was the very awesome Blackberry Kiwi Blend. I forgot to put the Flax seed oil in and then before leaving for work, I went to grab my tumbler cup, which I hadn't screwed the lid on completely...oh yeah, I was ten minutes late to work due to cleaning up the counter, cabinets and floor! The worst part to me though was this was so tasty I really wanted to have the whole thing - what a tragedy!



Good news to report - I only have a very slight headache today. I'm going to go have a 1/2 of a small cup of coffee and I think we will shoot for none tomorrow. It's my birthday, damnit - I'm having my last coffee. I could push through it, I'm sure...but isn't that point of the 5 day weaning? Okay okay, I'm making excuses just a little - last one, I swear!



Mid-day juice was V28 - it wasn't as bad as the nasty green juice yesterday, but it isn't great. Raw beets taste like dirt as Bluto pointed out and although I do like beets, generally cooked and cut up on a salad; he is right - raw beets taste like dirt.

I had my 6 dried apple rings today around noon - I couldn't grab lunch yet but I was getting hungry and needed something to chew very desperately. Between the apple rings and guzzling juice, I was satisfied although that was truly the first solid I had today.

Lunch was my leftover acorn squash from dinner last night - so yummy! :)

Dinner was crap - Green Vegtable Soup that was for sure watered down veggies that were tasteless, filling but not at all exciting. I pushed through. I have had hiccups throughout the day and my last poop had red from the beet juice. I was warned about this so I didn't freak out.

I actually can't wait for the 100% juicing to start - less prep, cooking and cleanup. All I'm doing when I get home is wash dishes, make dinner and prep next days food. I think the 15 day plan was for someone who likes to cook - it is too much for me...counting down the next 3 days until I can stick it all in the juicer and be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment