Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 3 - Temptations Aplenty!


I forgot to take a picture of my morning juice, which was Minty-Fresh Berry. It was tasty and redish. My juicer puts a lot of air in the juice, it makes it a bit too frothy. I think the juices would be better if it was actually all just juice. - or I'd be able to suck it up in the case of a not so great juice. I wonder if all juicers work that way.

Mid morning juice is Refreshing Fennel-Pear which I added 2 limes to and try to cut down the fennel taste. It looks nasty, but the lime did it's job and it isn't bad. It is actually even a bit refreshing!

Drinking out of the tumblers with straws is easier than without a straw - I notice this today and I don't have a straw. Also, adding ice seems to help as well. I think flavors aren't as potent when they are colder. Watering down is helping too.

Lunch is Arugula and Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. I like the other dressing way better and I wouldn't make this one again. Arugula is a little bit of a spicy lettuce and takes some getting used to, especially paired with the red onion, jicama and dressing. I wouldn't make this one again, but folks at work enjoyed it. So, just not my slice of pie.

While I'm reporting on what I am eating/drinking I am forgetting a very important part of my day; reporting on what I'm NOT eating. The following has been available for free at work just in the past 3 days: Panera bagels with cream cheese on Monday (my favorite, the apple crisp was sitting on top, just calling and begging me, complete with it's partner in crime, hazelnut cream cheese), freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake and red velvet cake. It was almost too much for me - I licked the frosting so as not to offend the gracious employee who baked my birthday cake. This morning someone brought Dunkin Donuts; I have been avoiding the box. I fear that if there is a chocolate iced chocolate cake I may throw the towel in. My stomach is growling and I really want one of those stupid donuts. Oh wait, I have my refreshing fennel-pear juice - I'm sure that will be just as good! Ugh.

Tonight is a feast! Baked Zucchini with Tomatoes and Herbs and Sweet Potato and Carrot "Fries". I forgot to take my camera home from work, or it is missing - so no pictures, but this was delicious.

I'm anticipating a busy weekend and fresh eating will even more so make it a busy weekend. I'm eager and excited about my upcoming week of just juice. I am still getting hiccups throughout the day - and trying to figure out why, although it looks like it might common. I feel tired today.

I had forgotten all about Eating for your Blood Type, which was just pointed out as a solution to some of the irritable bowel issues many of us juicers face. I re-read my blood type workup and I'm eager to to get started juicing in a healthful way particular to my chemistry - what a find! And for any other Type A bloods out there, here is some interesting info about you and me:

"Type As flourish on a vegetarian diet - if you are accustomed to eating meat, you will lose weight and have more energy once you eliminate the toxic foods from your diet. Many people find it difficult to move away from the typical meat and potato fare to soy proteins, grains and vegetables. But it is particularly important for sensitive Type As to eat their foods in as natural a state as possible: pure, fresh and organic. "I can't emphasize enough how this critical dietary adjustment can be to the sensitive immune system of Type A. With this diet you can supercharge your immune system and potentially short circuit the development of life threatening diseases."
My blood type is perfect for what I'm doing! I read through all of the other parts and it all fits in nicely too. Last time I'd read this book, I thought I was AB and now that I'm an 'A' it all fits more into the way I feel. Anywho, if you don't know your blood type so sorry for you - call your doctor and see if they know and check this out - you will be surprised how accurate it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment