Saturday, May 2, 2009

TriCorner to Davenport Gap

It rained all day today. Sometimes just a drizzle, but for the most part all day it rained in some form. I like it. I know I'm in the minority here amongst hikers, but I love it. I probably wouldn't love it many days in a row when everything I have is wet, but I like a day or two of it. It makes everything look real.
Today was my highest mileage day yet – 14.8 miles! I stretched for a long time tonight and I think that will help with body pain. I'm not stretching enough I think. My muscles are angry at the end of the day and even more so in the morning. I'm not stretching often or well enough.
Oh-two local guys told Chef and I that we weren't going to make it because we are too late. Everyone at the shelter tonight thought that was incredible. Nothai went all the way to Standing Bear today to take a full zero tomorrow. Chef and I will met him tomorrow after 3 short miles in. Tonight Chef, Ging-er, Nano and I are playing Uchre (sp?).
Oh! Ha, so I had to go poop while walking today, which puts you in an awkward position. You have to scope out a good poop spot. Something easy to get to, but out of view from anyone on the trail. I left my pack on the trail and go to do my business. I finish and on the way back I am trying to watch were I'm stepping so that I leave as little trace as possible and also not step on a snake or something. Totally bit it - and slide down the hill on my back to the trail and pack. Rain clothes are really good for this, sort of like sledding. I laughed at myself and continued on. More importantly, I was bumming a bit before, thinking about a past relationship and ready to really get myself into a funk over it. After laughing at myself, I just wasn't feelin' the funk and was really taken by the beauty of the moment instead.

4 comments:

  1. Why do I always show up for the dirty posts? WHY!!!!!!

    Skiding down a hill sounds like fun. You don't get the good bounces like on the stairs at home.

    So you say you were thinking about me the other day? Good things, I trust.

    You sound like you are having a great time and learning a lot about not only yourself, but the human spirit. Keep on hiking.

    Man, I can only imagine the leg muscules you will have. Geesh!

    Jakobeast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Landsberg,

    Sounds like things are going really well for you. We all miss you a ton, keep on walking kid.

    -Jorsh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - yeah, I was thinking of high school peeps the other day. It is amazing how much you think of when there is nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey amy I miss you so much when are you comeing back?Any ways just keep on chuging youll have so much storeisto tell when you get back.I think when you get back you should write anexspereuns book.xoxoxxxxoxooxoxoxxoxoxooxxooxoxoxox
    mom dad madison

    ReplyDelete