Monday, May 18, 2009

Damascus to Asheville

We found and were able to get close enough to the wild ponies at Greyson Highlands...YES! I enjoyed this scenery greatly. It was a treat to see something that was starting to look different. The ponies were smaller than I imagined and shaggy. We walked down the trail for a bit to these huge rock formations that I wanted to climb on.

We drove through Damascus again (to pick up Becky's prescription), through Johnson City (got an oil change), Erwin (dropped off Becky at the Beauty Spot) and settled in Asheville, North Carolina in a hotel with Tippy, Bluto and NoThai. It was a long day of driving and we were all getting restless I think. I'm glad we took Queen Becky to the beauty spot though, it was beautiful! We got some really great pictures there. I also had the opportunity to say goodbye to Mala as well.

I reacquainted myself with a razor (it has been a whole week since showering, but I still felt clean since I hadn't really been sweating at all). Tippy and NoThai wrestled and Bluto played with his laptop until it was bed time. We are all pretty rambunctious after being in the car all day and we all crashed pretty hard. Bluto made an exception to his 'I don't share my bed with dudes' rule thankfully, so he and Nothai snuggled together all night. :) It was pretty funny, and in the morning Bluto called Nothai "lover hebrew" making fun of Cristy and I. It was hilarious and a name I think will stick for a while for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment