Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hot Springs

Last night at Elmer's I met Dylan and Rachel, two kids that are doing work for stays at organic farms around the USA. This sounds really neat and I want to check it out later. I'm putting the website here so I can find it later; wwoofusa.org

Pidgeon also sang to me a song, Amy, that I'd never heard before. It was really neat, watching all of them play together, including Scavenger.

Elmer's is an old Victorian house that reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa Heany's in Chicago. It is absolutely beautiful. The bathrooms even have the claw leg tubs.

One of his guests that is a pianist gave us a show after dinner. It was very good, and included several classical songs.

Bluto decided he is going to New York to visit his mom for mothers day and offered to give us rides wherever we wanted to go. NoThai is going straight to Damascus for Trail Days. I am getting a ride to Erwin to get my mail at Greasy Creek Friendly and then I'll walk into Damascus. Looks like I'll meet up with everyone in Damascus and we will see how this week alone goes.

Oh, Elmer asks a dinner question (by the way, the homemade vegetarian cuisine here is wonderful!), and it was; "What is your final destination?" I said that I hope to never have one and always be looking at what the next adventure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment