Friday, May 1, 2009

Icewater to Tri-Corner Knob

We were about halfway done packing up this morning when all of a sudden – RAIN, big fat thick heavy rain pouring from the sky! Well, we had been lucky the last couple of days, the weather having been pretty nice (if not a bit too hot) when it was 30-40% rain with isolated thunderstorms supposedly yesterday and for the next week. I guess we got it today. It only poured for the first 45 minutes maybe of us walking then sort of drizzled off and on. Honestly, I'm really happy it did. I don't think it would have been the Smokies if I didn't get rain. Also, the clouds/fog do amazing things in the mountains that I was really looking forward to seeing again. It was great.
Walking the ridge lines today felt like Groundhog day, like we were walking the same path over and over again or something.
There was a really neat view where we were actually seeing the isolated thunderstorms. I took a picture, but I'm not sure how well it will come out.
We walked through a lot of pine forests today, and it reminds me of NERO. I realized that there was something missing though-Suede. I don't know why...actually, I do know why-the smell of dirty suede and pine reminds me of NERO when I first started playing. I thought a lot of those days today.

2 comments:

  1. NERO does have a particular smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol-I don't mean that in a bad way, this is a good NERO smell!

    ReplyDelete