Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mississippi

Onward to Mississippi today! We stopped in Starkville to tour the other MSU campus and visited Ryan (Tippy's friend) for a short visit before arriving at Granny's. She has an evil cat named Baby that hates everyone, including Granny, who she sometimes bites!
My knees are incredibly stiff and sore. I've been taking the oils my mom sent and hopefully they will heal/get better. The alternative is that I've done permanent damage to them. I can feel things inside there moving around when I bend my knee!

Oh, so that is my plan, by the way - to get back on the trail, sort of. I would like to get my car and keep on going up the trail to see the hot spots and section hike. I'm not done with the trail entirely, I'm just done climbing mountains everyday with 40 lbs on my back for the next 4 months! It has been a great experience (for all the reasons I've already mentioned) and I'm so happy to have met the most wonderful people (again, I can't say this enough). I've challenged myself mentally and physically and risen to that challenge, but it is my choice to stop. I could keep on the same way for the sheer sake of saying I did it, but that isn't important to me. It stopped being fun, and I want to do this the fun way. Maybe I'll fill in the gaps I skip later if it becomes important to me to finish that way at some point, but right now it isn't and it is so much more important to me that I do what I want right now the way I want. I feel like I got a lot of what I was looking for out here too. There are just some other areas I was looking forward to seeing and still want to go see, like Dragon's tooth, McAfee Knob and others.

So, I'm really excited to go to New Orleans (and hopefully see Bluto and Photoshop) and I'm also looking forward to meeting back up with Queen Becky at some point along the trail when I get my car and keep on. Tippy is talking about not going to Florida now and wanting to go back to Michigan. Nothai and I are deciding our options for driving back with her or not.

2 comments:

  1. Oh baby, you are so doing what you set out to do. Challenging yourself, both mentally and physically. You ALWAY"S wanted to see the U.S.A., ever since I've known you. Your meeting new people, and bonding with old, and even bringing them all together. It's just fantastic, keep doing it for yourself. This is so you, keep doing whatever you what to. Go Go Go Girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, give the oils a week or two to help. Maybe longer considering the genetic factor, also yours are recovering from recent trauma. You'll have many year's to heal later. GO GO GO!!! Should I send more oils? If you grab them on the road yourself remember--only two or three weeks at a time(due to heat stability,this applies to the other oils I sent). Knee's Smee's Go Baby Go!!!

    ReplyDelete