Tuesday, May 19, 2009

North Carolina to Alabama

Breakfast at Waffle House (Tippy was very excited about this), and then stopped at a Goodwill so NoThai and I could buy a new normal clothes. Tippy tried to take my finger off with her car window at a tattoo shop where I needed to stop for a new nose ring. We said bye to Bluto (will we see him again in New Orleans?) and did a drive by through Asheville. We drove north through the Smokies (Tippy hadn't ever been) and stopped at Clingman's Dome. The weather was perfect, better than when I hiked through even. This is certainly another affirmation that I shouldn't be hiking anymore - beautiful weather on the days I'm not on the trail! :) NoThai and I relive the 'good 'ol days' by having lunch at Newfound Gap. We drove through Gatlinburg and Pidgeon Forge so Tippy could see the tourist vomititous that it is. We make it to Tippy's college friend, Jeff's house in Gadsten, Alabama around 1AM. I am wondering what kind of crack she smoked before we arrived and how I missed out - she was bouncing off the walls when we got there - it was cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment