Sunday, May 17, 2009

Trail Days

I really didn't write each day in my journal during the weekend, so I'll need to just sort of write what I can, not particularly in the right order and I'm likely missing some detai
We moved our tents to Dennit and Meagan's property where NoThai secured us spots when he arrived last week. The Baptist church hosted an excellent free dinner for early arrivals. Over the weekend I ran back into almost everyone I hoped to see (except Wolverine!). Chef, Screefreak, Nano and Walking Home got a ride into town from Miss Janet's daughter and then Bluto showed up a bit later. I even saw Black Eyed Susan again and had dinner with Flying Turtle! Of course I met tons of new people, of which I can't remember half of. Wolverine and I just missed each other all weekend (the only disappointment for me). Tippy had to relocate into her car the second night when it rained and her fly wasn't pulled taunt enough and her tent flooded. Watching and listening to the drum circle around the tent was amazing! :) Queen Becky was face painting and painted Tippy and I perfectly. Tippy, Photoshop and I went to hear a Native American flute player and then I got my T-shirt ready for the parade. Walking Home exacted revenge on a small local girl for squirting me with a squirt gun by throwing a water balloon of steel at her face! Tippy got pulled over by a bike cop for letting some girls ride on the back of her car - he let us off! I laid in a bunch of hammocks and wish I would have tried that earlier. I found an amazing green amber ring and taught KamaSutraRed how to belly dance! Tippy and NoThai jumped on the blow up bouncy thing.
Okay, so we said our Goodbye's in Damascus to everyone at Mojo's (the coffee shop). It is sad, because I know that this weekend is the last time I will ever see some of my traveling companions again. I knew it, they knew it, and we just sort of said, "okay, bye!" I am going to miss all of them. Everyone has been so great and honestly I think the people I traveled with kept me going longer than I might have made it otherwise. I am really going to miss everyone. :(
We headed to Greyson Highlands with Queen Becky in our car and NoThai with Bluto. Along the way, we saw a sign outside of a church that said, "Stop Drop and Roll won't work in Hell!" OMG!
We set up camp in Greyson Highlands, had dinner over the fire and had a great night laughing and listening to music over a nice fire. It got a bit colder than expected and I realized this is exactly why you don't send cold clothes home until Pearisburg!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like your still having an adventure and exploring. Go GO GO Girl !!! mom

    ReplyDelete