Saturday, June 5, 2010

36 Weeks - One Month to Go?!

How time flies by! I can't believe in one month (or maybe even sooner-yikes!) that day is coming that I'll drive to the hospital, undergo the most painful experience that I've had so far and be rewarded with meeting the new human life that I've been growing inside my body. That is crazy talk I tell you!

Last weekend Mitch's mom (Janet) and I drove to Illinois for my baby shower. It was really nice, aside from the no punch! :) Really, there was no punch but it was the joke all day, "Who doesn't serve punch at a baby shower!" Janet assured me that we would have punch at my Michigan shower. The night before my shower I had a nightmare that I was at the baby shower and I started to bleed. I called for my aunt to help me and she had her friend (who happened to be a nurse) come to my aid. The lady told me that nothing was wrong, but I was going to have the baby now. I started crying and yelling that I couldn't have the baby here; I needed to call Mitch and he would be so mad if I had the baby without him. Then I realized that I hadn't even packed the hospital bag so I'd have to tell him what to grab first too. Then I realized I didn't have a car seat yet either. I decided that I needed to fly back home to Detroit to have the baby and that would be faster than driving, so I headed off the the airport. There was more drama in the airport with security but I woke up somewhere in there.

Thankfully I got the stroller/car seat travel system at the baby shower so that part of my nightmare has been relieved! I plan on packing the hospital bag soon and there aren't anymore plans of fleeing Michigan this late in the game. My aunt Natalie and Aunt Coleen threw the shower and it was great; good food and excellent company. It was really good to see my family and to have Janet meet everyone too. I got to see some that I haven't seen in a very long time. I was a little disappointed that some of my extended cousins didn't make it, but it was Memorial Day weekend afterall!

No new baby info...I'm just getting bigger. I can't bend over to touch my toes and maybe I've developed a little bit of a waddle. I wonder each time I shave my legs if it will be the last time...its almost getting there. My last doctors appointment I did the Strep B culture and I'll find out if I have it. Then I go each week for the last three weeks. I have a theory that I will give birth to this child on exactly the due date because I've had such the perfect pregnancy. Next appointment they will start checking things out to tell me if I'm dialated at all yet!

Well, I have many thank you cards to get out and Mitch is waiting for me at Mom's for our 'camping' weekend with some friends. The last two weeks have really flown by, and I can't decide if I want the next two to fly by also, or if I'd rather sort of savor the time of naps and watching my belly move! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment