Sunday, January 31, 2010

18 Weeks Exactly

Since then, we found a new doctor that is closer and so much better. We've already had several ultrasounds (I love being able to see the baby), and lots of normal tests. I got the What to Expect book, of course. I also got Mitch a men's pregnancy book, although he reads mine too.

The first trimester I didn't have any morning sickness (thank goodness!) but I was just exhausted. I really thought I was having thyroid problems. I've since tested (and will need to continue testing every month) and everything is normal. I quit smoking the day I found out, quit drinking alcohol(except for the few drinks I had when I thought I wasn't pregnant those two weeks), limited caffiene to 1 cup of coffee if that and taken a renewed interest in eating healthily. Excercise wasn't even being thought of until recently. I really would pretty much crash and burn when I got home those first months. I felt bad about being so lazy, but getting through the day at work was enough for me! :)

This last month has been much better as I've come into the second trimester. I've found my energy, but lost some of my wardrobe! My clothes were the right fit before, and now they are very snug and I feel like a sausage crammed into my jeans and work pants. I went and bought my first pair of maternity pants (I LOVE THEM!), a new bra and a few shirts. I'm still getting by with the clothes I can wear and my new items, but soon its going to be time to get a few more staples I think. In a few more weeks I should round out, but for now my belly is just sort of pushing the fat out a bit more than usual. This of course makes me feel wonderful. :)

The baby is now the size of chicken breast they say (as I've finally gotten out of the produce, going from blueberry to strawberry, nectarine, apple and orange), and soon I'll be going in for a detailed ultrasound in which if we want to know the sex they may be able to tell. I don't want to know, but I'm afraid I will cave when they ask. I'm really okay with either, but it would make shopping a lot easier to know! Is that a crappy reason for ruining the surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment