Friday, January 22, 2010

"maybe you are pregnant"

So, I'd been feeling extremely tired late October and seriously thought something was wrong with my thyroid. I decided that it was time to go see an Endrocrinologist ASAP. A co-worker announced that his wife was pregnant around this time an joked with us anytime someone said something about their health that 'they might be pregnant!' This is when a small bell rang in my mind and I started to take inventory. When was I supposed to be visited by Aunt Flow this month? Ah, next week....all good, or so I thought! But that was still nagging in my mind...maybe you are pregnant. We all do this, right? Even though there is NO WAY, we approach that time of month with a little nervousness...maybe I'm pregnant. And I was one of those...there was NO WAY I could be, but I looked up symptoms online out of curiousity. I had like 9 of the 12 or 13!

GROSS/PERSONAL WARNING - Yeah I was tired, like REALLY tired, and super constipated! I had the weird smell thing a few times where I smelled things nobody else could. And the girls had been sore recently, now that you mention it! And cramps...I was having them, but nothing else (except bloating, another symptom). And I'm usually a start right away kind of person, like within ten or so minutes of the first uterus flinch. I also had some light headaches and quesyness I wrote off as well. And my night trips to the bathroom had increased as well. You might wonder how I could not have known, but these are also all PMS symptoms, so I thought I was just being a little funky and waiting for the period....any moment now....

I double checked the calendar...wait...I was off, I should have had my monthly friend LAST WEEK. "I think I'm pregnant! Ohgosh, I think I'm pregnant!" was all I could think of for the rest of the day. I drove right to CVS after work and bought a two for one package of something or another You Might Be Pregnant tests and went home. Wait for morning pee, no way! I was peeing on that stick as soon as I could. I waited the tormenting minutes and went back in to look. Two lines=baby and that is what I had. Well, I hadn't told Mitch yet and decided that I wouldn't yet, until morning when I took the second test and for sure knew. Whatever, I already for sure knew. Still...I thought, I'll wait till the morning.

I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. Mitch looks over at me and is like "what"? I don't think I was containing anything very well. I wanted to just start laughing...I do that, when I'm not quite sure how to react. I had a cat that had seizures and the first time it happened, I started screaming and then laughing while I was driving to the pet hospital. It wasn't funny, that isn't why I was laughing. Wait, wait...it wasn't a horrible moment though so maybe this a bad comparison. Anywho, I told him to go into the bathroom and look on the counter. He did and yelled back out at me, "Does two lines mean yes or no? There isn't a plus or minus sign." How cute, haha! "Two lines means I am." The morning test turned out to be the same, duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment