Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Return of Roan Mountain

As I begin my searching, I keep being directed back to Roan Mountain. I think this is funny and I’m looking forward to seeing my nemesis again (haha). Really though, apparently it is a beautiful stretch from Roan to US19 (13 miles) and I just stopped about 2 miles short of the awesomeness. I have this article from Backpacker magazine that lists the top spots, and wouldn’t you believe - Roan effing Mountain. Okay, it’s on!

On another related note, you might think that I would have been looking forward to relaxing after hiking. I’m actually sort of restless and eager to do ‘something’, even if it means just getting out of the house. That being said, I have booked my flight to Las Vegas for the 17th through the 22nd and will be heading north from Florida shortly to continue on with my hiking adventure. I was given a book as a gift a while ago, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die and I had bought Roadfood last year when I was thinking about driving across the country. Armed with these two books I am ready to keep on keepin’ on! In the meantime, any tips on cheap stuff to do in Vegas? My hotel is on Freemont street.

It was great to relax in Florida. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty now about lack of exercise, which is just adding to my restlessness. I even went to the fitness center here and worked out a few times. I feel great from hiking but I'll start putting the 15 lbs (?) back on soon if I don't change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment