Monday, June 1, 2009

Florida Arrival

I arrived in Florida today and am at Grandma and Grandpa’s house in Safety Harbor. It was great to be home (in Michigan) for a second and see some friends. I was disappointed not to be able to see everyone, but I also didn’t want to make a big deal of my being home when I’m still not really home for good. I didn't want to make it 'official' that I was home. It was also hard not having a vehicle and reliable internet. It was weird, I’ll be honest. I was very happy and peaceful before and I was feeling a bit irritable and depressed back in Michigan. I’m still exploring the reasons but don’t feel like dwelling on it right now. My adventure continues....I’m looking at my atlas and state guidebooks to plan out some Florida adventure maybe before heading back (and are there places I should I stop and see along the way to Virginia?). Or what about a side trip to Las Vegas for a friends wedding I didn’t think I’d be able to go to? And a road trip with my sister has recently come up as an option, which I’m totally psyched about! So many options...whatever shall I do?!

It is still the small things. When I got here, after turning on the power and water, I drove to the grocery store and bought salad fixin’s. I have been craving a gigantic salad for weeks that restaurants haven’t been able to satisfy. When I got back, I picked 4 lemons from my grandma’s tree and made some lemonade. These two things made me incredibly happy and pretty much got rid of the negative feelings I’d been hanging with the last couple of days. Salad and lemonade, my new cure all. In the meantime of planning the next few weeks, swimming in the pool and a beach visit is in order.

All pictures are uploaded - and my online albums are almost full - so download any pictures you want from the first album before I take them offline! Videos are coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i could be there with you
    if you need any help at all no matter what.
    im here a phonecll away from you
    miss you
    good luck

    NO THAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too! Come to Vegas with me!

    ReplyDelete