Friday, June 5, 2009

Clearwater Beach

It has been raining here off and on for the past few days, so I've been lounging around, going to the pool when its nice and going to the clubhouse for wireless when it isn't. Despite these rain showers, I decided today that I was going to the beach, for better or worse. I wanted to see the sunset before I left. I drove through downtown Safety Harbor on my way and stopped by the Whimsey house, as Queen Becky suggested. It is great! Nobody was home unfortunately, but I still got some excellent pictures of the fantastic art house. That is the kind of house I can see living in. I wonder what the inside is like. By the time I got to Clearwater beach the sun was back out and the rain dismissed for the rest of the day-perfect!

I went to Frenchies for shecrab soup and crab cakes; I guess I was feelin' crabby! :) It is pretty windy, but that is better than feeling like your melting in the sun with no wind. Being here with someone would be more fun, but then again, I've done a lot of fun things with friends and being here by myself is nice in a different way. I'm thinking again - oh noes! Be prepared, in the last two months I was actually walking and didn't have a notebook in hand ready to record random thoughts...now I do!

I was thinking about 'cash only' and how its funny what an outrage this can cause, on both sides. I thought about this for a while, and I could expand on the point, but really that either customer or merchant becomes angry at the other is silly. It should be noted that I'm not sure why I was thinking about this or why it is important.

Secondly, I was thinking of a friend of mine who was desperate to get married and did so at 27 because as he said, "I'm not getting any younger and she feels the same." He also had expressed displeasure in doing things alone and wanted someone to share those moments with. I'm enjoying this time in my life, and I think I'm afforded it because I'm alone. I've also sort of learned over the last 2 months that there is a natural beauty and certain way things right themselves and work out.

1 comment:

  1. All things will work out if you TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THY HEART AND HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATH, from Proverbs...........
    Bubblegum....

    ReplyDelete