Monday, May 17, 2010

33 Weeks

The ultrasound revealed that the placenta has moved over more than 3 cm at this time, so that is a go for vaginal birth! It is hard to think about my time being pregnant coming to an end soon and having Elba actually here. I am so excited to meet him, but also getting more and more scared of the big event as it looms closer. I keep reminding myself that many women with less pain tolerance and bravery have done this successfully. So far that helps for now.

I had one of the best weekends with Mitch. We didn't do anything special, but we just really got along well and connected this weekend. Maybe because I was out of town for a few days this week in Chicago at a work conference, I don't know, but it was really nice. I can't say the same for Mother's Day weekend. We ended up fighting over stupid things. I think it was a combination of my being hormonal and crazy and him not being the most patient and understanding that day. For some reason normal communication was not within our grasp and we opted for retreating to neutral corners. Well I can say that now looking back, but at the time we were both pretty fired up and not too happy with each other. I of course felt a bit of a martyr as well, pitying my first Mothers Day as a horrible failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment