Saturday, May 8, 2010

32 Weeks - First Mothers Day!

I bought a new car! A bright and shiny 2008 Honda CR-V now is what I'm sporting around in these days. I'd decided over the last year or so that I wanted a small SUV for extra storage for traveling (and now baby too!), and realized I wanted to stay true to Honda because I love them so. I'm pushing almost 200 thousand miles on the 2000 Civic and it is still a champ. This left me basically between the Element and CR-V. Both cars are great, but I don't like the boxy Element nearly as much as the sweet looking CR-V, so there you have it! I went to Honda Bloomfield and was helped by Ron, who I recommend for your used car needs. I feel like I'm big pimpin' when I drive and I haven't had THAT feeling for a while! I won't let Mitch drive the new car. He is a better driver than I am, it isn't that I'm afraid he will wreck it. It is just my little treat right now that I'm keeping all to myself. :)

Other than that, nothing else new really. I have to go next week for another ultrasound to see if the placenta is moved over enough so that I don't have to have a C-section. Tomorrow is Mother's Day - I guess this is my first as a mother instead of a daughter! I did a short speech about being a new mother at our resident function at work. I talked about seeing Mother's Day from a new perspective and ended with a very nice George Washington quote.

Speaking of work, I applied for a transfer to a Chicago property but didn't get it. The regional director said she had already hired someone before getting my request. I believe this, and she also talked about in the future that being a possibility. So, I'm brushing up on the marketing side of things and learning more about the differences in senior housing and residential so hopefully next go around I'll be ready. I was looking forward to maybe moving back to the Chicago area, but staying is good too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh snap, if you end up back in Chicago I'm going to have to seriously consider forcing my boss into letting me move back too.

    ReplyDelete