Saturday, February 13, 2010

20 Weeks - Previa!

My doctor's office called me Thursday with information I already knew, that the ultrasound we had last week showed that my placenta is still at the bottom of my uterus, covering the cervix a little bit. This is common and should still correct itself. In the meantime, no heavy lifting and pelvic rest (no inserting anything). Just cross your fingers - if this doesn't correct itself I may end up on bed rest, which I can't afford at work, and worse-have to have a C-section.

Its hard to believe I'm halfway done! Time has flown, but having an easy pregnancy makes things much better. I feel so bad for friends that have had chronic morning sickness and other serious complications. That seems like it would be a nightmare. The worst of it I had was the tiredness. My nose has been constantly running since day 1 and I've been sneezing all along too. This has something to do with thinning membranes I guess. The last couple of weeks I've been having round ligament pain, varying from light feeling cramps to brief stabbing pains.

I just finished making Aiden's first piece of furniture! I had a little wood end table that I sanded and painted with a sun, moon and stars. I am blown away at how expensive baby stuff is. Thankfully I am the recipient of a few people's used baby stuff and I'm hoping to get most basic this way. I am really getting excited to start taking inventory of what I have and need for the baby.

2 comments:

  1. So you guys have decided on Aiden as the name? I like it a lot! And I feel all warm and tingly knowing that baby's first piece of furniture is from his Aunt Cristy and Uncle Nate! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true - I still need to post a picture. Yes, we are naming him Elba Aiden after Mitch's grandfather.

    ReplyDelete