Monday, August 31, 2009

South Dakota fun fun

08/30/09 -
Driving all day from Montana and into Wyoming.

08/31/09 -
Today was a packed day! We drove into South Dakota and shortly after pulled off the highway to head south and drive through Deadwood. We didn’t stop and walk around, but driving down Main Street was neat, looking at the old saloon and hotel storefronts, etc. I really like the entire Black Hills area. There is something about the type of forest maybe, or the type of trees...I don’t know. We drove past Mount Rushmore but decided not to pay the $10 to walk up to the monument. I’ve been there before and Nothai wasn’t too excited about it. He thought the heads would be a lot bigger. Unfortunately the pictures we took were pretty bad too, with the sun directly behind the mountain. We wanted to get to Badlands too so we decided not to go look at the unfinished Crazy Horse monument. Honestly, I think we are both losing some patience for the roadtrip. We stopped more frequently in the beginning for dumb stuff and now we are sort of flying by some of the good stuff. I don’t mind this really because there are things I’d have liked to stop and do but since I didn’t, that means that I still need to take the South Dakota road trip with my sister!
Lastly, my check engine light came on while in Badlands so I called Neil to tell him what the car’s been doing. He said it could be the fuel injector and to try a bottle of cleaner next tank of gas, but likely it is spark plug or wire issues. The good news is that the car shouldn’t just die on me. When I stopped at a gas station I noticed that I have a headlight out now too!

On another note, I saw a turtle in the road today and didn't stop to move him to safety. This is important in some way to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment