Thursday, August 27, 2009

San Francisco!

While in SF, Nothai and I basically walked everywhere and did everything that was worth doing. Okay, that is an exaggeration, but I feel like we had a great experience of getting to know the city and area. We took the bus once to the ocean and stopped at Golden Gate park, otherwise we walked everywhere, which I think is the best way to get to know the area if you can. We walked the pier areas, including Fisherman's Warf, the financial district, Castro Street the park there, had lots of suggested yummy local food and beer. I wish I'd had longer to stay and was able to spend more time with senior Joseph, but the city grew on me and I could see myself returning soon, possibly on a more somewhat permanent level.

08/27/09 -
Went to breakfast with Joe to say goodbye (bagels & coffee), went to re-park my car and found that I had a parking ticket! We walked to the pier and took the ferry to Alcatraz. It was very good, and I recommend it. Included in the admission price is the ferry ride and an audio tour that tells the history and a few stories of attempted escapes. We walked back to the car and headed out, stopping at the Golden Gate bridge for some pictures, and hunkering down for the long night drive. I also noted that my car has started sort of shuddering when accelerating on a hill. I’m hoping this is a SF thing because of the crazy hills and will knock it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment