Thursday, July 23, 2009

to the island!

I made it back to Chicago Wednesday to pick Jeff up from work in Chicago and we headed to REI for shopping. We spent the rest of the night picking out gear for him, but didn't get everything we needed, so he ended up taking today off of work to go back to REI and then we went food shopping. I hate driving around the suburbs in rush hour-I forgot how much! I did pick up another sleeping bag! I found a great deal at Dick's sporting goods; the Marmot Alpine down lightweight bag that weighs almost 2 lbs instead of the 4 lb monster I have. Already the switching for lighter weight gear trend has started. I'm tired-it is 11pm and the car is ready to be packed. We have a 6 hour drive ahead of us tonight to Houghton, MI where we get on the 9am ferry to take us to Isle Royal for a week of backpacking. We still need to print maps, so I'm keeping this short...gotta hit the road!

1 comment: