Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 4th

In Illinois, I not only had the opportunity to visit with some friends I haven’t seen in years, we played Chuthulu, which was another treat and perfect! When I lived in Illinois we used to play sometimes all weekend, and try for at least one weekend a month. I miss it.
Most of my extended family made it over to my mothers house on Sunday and I met my sister’s boyfriend as well. I decided to go up to Wisconsin to visit my grandparents with my aunt and uncle instead of driving myself. It was great to just be a passenger! I spent a few days with my sister before heading north. She had asked my help to take her to get her senior pictures taken and then we went for a movie and dinner. It was really nice to spend some time with her.
My aunt, uncle and two of their three kids and I headed up to Grandma's cabin for the holiday weekend (July 4th) on Thursday after everyone got home from work. It was a great time; swimming a little, went on a boat ride, played 'nerf war' with my cousin (he won), and went to the flea market. I also finished my resume (locked and loaded!) and almost finished a book I'd started before hiking (A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson), I still have about 20 pages to go - Australia is a crazy awesome country! I would love to go sometime.
Back in Illinois, I have plans to meet with my old friends tonight at the old meet up spot (Denny's) tonight. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. Yesterday I took three of my cousins to Great America. I haven't been in a few years and it was still fun. I am officially putting my foot in my mouth, ERIN - I think Cedar Point might be better!
I'm looking for something fun to do over the weekend and sort of stalling around this area because I got back in contact with Nothai, who is coming to Chicago on Sunday! I'm going to hang out in the area to join him gallivanting around the city. He will want to do all the tourist things that I either haven't done in a while and miss, or haven't done myself either! We also talked about planning some hiking trips in Michigan when we get back.
As it is, I may leave the midwest soon and I really want to be sure I take in the area before leaving. While working at Woodbury, a fellow employee who is a hiker as well told me about a bunch of places along the lake and in the UP that are great for hiking/backpacking. I'm excited to get back in there! I've been restlessly idle for a while and need to get off my booty. I'm glad I've got a bit more of a plan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment